How to search Marina and request materials:
- Access Marina through the Anne Arundel County Public Library (AACPL) website top navigation bar. Under Books & More select Interlibrary loans/Marina.
- Type your library card number in the text box and press "enter" (do not use spaces between the numbers).
- The search screen you see is a simple search. There is also an advanced search option.
- Type your search terms and press "enter."
- From the results, select the desired title. Choose an item that does not show ANNE (the Marina abbreviation for AACPL) as a supplier.
- The detailed results will show if there are copies of the title available from a library in the Marina system.
- Select a pickup location and click "Request."
- Use the notes field to convey a specific deadline if applicable. If you need the material in two weeks or less, speak with a staff member at a Library about your request.
How to check your Marina account:
- Log on with your library card number (no spaces)
- Click on the account icon on the top right of the page. In the dropdown menu, Click "My Account."
- You will see a summary of items that you have requested and the status of those items.
To return to the search/request screen:
- Close the window with your account information by clicking on the "x" in the upper right-hand corner or,
- Minimize the window by clicking on the "-".
- Renewals: Marina loans will renew automatically twice unless the item is from outside of Maryland, there are holds on the item, or you have overdue items. See Automatic Renewals FAQ for more information about auto renewals.
How to cancel a Marina request: Cancellations of outstanding Marina requests must be made by a staff member. Cancellation requests can be made in person, by phone, or online by using the Email A Librarian service.
How to initiate an Interlibrary Loan request if you cannot find the title in Marina: AACPL can request materials from public and academic libraries throughout the country. To place a request, connect with AACPL Information staff in person, by phone or online by using Email A Librarian.
Fines: There is a $0.30, daily fine charged for each day an item is overdue, excluding Sundays, library holidays and system-wide closures. The maximum fine amount $15.00.