The C•Pen reader is a handheld scanner that uses optical character recognition (OCR) to help the user read.
It's portable and easy to use. After turning the device on, you select the text reader function, scan the line of text you are trying to read, and the C•Pen will read out loud to you.
Some important things to know about these devices:
- C•Pens can be placed on hold in our online catalog and can be picked up/returned to any branch
- The checkout time is one week and will be $.30 per day if overdue
- The reader can operate in three different languages (English, Spanish, and French)
- In addition the the text reader functer, C•Pens also have a dictionary function that can be used to look up words you don't understand
- They work with headphones, but the llbrary is not providing headphones