Thank you for thinking of the Anne Arundel County Public Library (AACPL) for donations. Donated materials must be in excellent condition and meet specific criteria to be accepted by the library. Potential donations must be delivered to a library branch. AACPL reserves the right to check all donations prior to acceptance. If accepted, your materials may be added to the library’s collection, placed on the library Book Sale shelves or offered to other local agencies.
- Popular fiction
- Maryland and Anne Arundel County history
- New non-fiction (published within the last 3 years)
- Award winners
- Children's books
- CDs and DVDs
Items unacceptable for donation
- Encyclopedias and textbooks
- Cassettes (audio or video) or software
- Items containing outdated information
- Magazines (including National Geographic)
- Items in poor physical condition, for example: broken spine, moldy, water damaged, mildewed, missing or yellowed pages, etc.
Other suggestions for your unwanted materials:
The Parole Rotary Club’s Books for International Goodwill (B.I.G.) project accepts donations. The drop-off location is available 24 hours a day. Please visit their website and click on “How to help B.I.G” or call 410-293-6865.
Rejected books can be recycled in small quantities in your curbside recycling bin. Larger quantities may be dropped off at one of the county landfill locations. Please see the Anne Arundel County Department of Public Works website or call 410-222-7425 for more information or directions.